Thursday, February 3, 2011

Holden's Birthday Recap


As you can tell I look a little tired in these pictures. With all the excitement I only took one nap and my party didn't start until 5:30 p.m. But I still had fun! Thanks to Chris Fraser (a UGF distance runner) and his mom for making my yummy cake!

All my guests got to decorate gingerbread cookies that my mommy made and I was the judge. This was a tough decision...Austin and Shane were both very creative!

What is this?? I approached my piece of cake with caution.

But it didn't take me long to DIG in...using both hands!

It was tough being the center of attention but I think everyone had fun!

Was I ever that small??? Here mommy holds Zoey - 2 months and 10 lbs. In the background you'll see students filling out a keepsake for my time capsule (every guest wrote down a memory from my first year and/or some advice for my future). I get to open this time capsule on my 16th birthday!

Yesterday morning mommy found me bare and snuggling my monkey. I'd never taken off my own diaper before. The "birthday boy" wanted to be in his "birthday suit"!

I was excited to see all the non-perishable food guests brought to my party for the local food bank instead of bringing me gifts...as I've been very spoiled/blessed already this year. We got this idea from my cousin Lola and her first birthday party.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Holden, your Birthday celebration sure looked like everyone had a great time. Great idea about the food bank, you and your mommy and papa are sure creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holden, it looks like you had a great time on your 1st Birthday Celebration. Have a great season with the Argos. Make sure they get in all their workouts and training. Hugs and kisses to you "Big Boy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holden, are you watching the clothes go round and round and round? Yeah, that does look like fun. Hugs and kisses to you Big Boy. Now that your 12 months old, I bet your are going to have some big adventures with the Argos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Holden! Wow, can it really be 1 year already? You've grown up so much! That monkey got a real treat with the "birthday suit" hug! :) Neat new trick, taking off the diaper.
    Lots of love and birthday kisses!
    Megan, Kate and Abby

    ReplyDelete