Friday, July 20, 2012

Danish Capital of the United States

Our family visited Solvang, CA this week - the authentic Danish town that inspired Leavenworth to become Bavarian-themed in the 1960's.
We enjoyed the windmills, horse drawn trolley, Danish bakeries, atmosphere and architecture.
 My parents thought it would be funny to see if my sister fit in one of the large Danish wooden shoes!
 We took a break to enjoy some amazing locally-made ice cream!
 We also checked out their local hat shop - very similar to my auntie Teddy and uncle Kevin's Hat Shop in Leavenworth! We didn't buy this Dr. Seuss Hat...but I sure wanted to!
One of our last stops in Solvang was the Bulldog Cafe! I doubt Leavenworth would have a cafe with this name...considering it is Cashmere's high school mascot. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Holden and Karen it looks like you had fun in Solvang. Karen that shoe looks like it is just your size :o). Great hat Holden! Hugs and kisses to you both. Karen I'll see you and mommy soon - I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT trip, and it does look familiar to things in Leavenworth. Lots of Love!

    ReplyDelete