Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Great Aunt Grace's Memorial & Family Reunion

My grandpa John's sister, Grace, just recently passed away so my mama and I flew up to Seattle this weekend to attend her memorial service and visit a lot of extended family. My cousin Lola and I spent much of the 2 hour service just outside the sanctuary but we could still hear the speakers and the music.
 My cousin Violet and I snuggled with Aunty Teddy and Aunty Amy just after the service.
 This was the first time all 9 of my mama's first cousins on the Rieke side of the family (includes Schramms and Schimkes) were all together in one location.
 Another Karen!! This is my mama's very special cousin Karen Martin-Schramm who flew out from Iowa for the the service.
 My uncle Kevin was very sweet and loved holding me!
 My cousin Joan Schimke from New York also loved holding me!
 My mama had to give uncle Kevin one last hug before we left!
 Cousin Mark Schramm is looking more and more like my grandpa John in his later years. He held me at least 4 times throughout the afternoon!
 It was fun to share a slumber party with Grandma D after the memorial service on Saturday and before heading to the airport on Sunday.
My brother and papa went to the Santa Ana Zoo this weekend while we were in Washington. Holden enjoyed all the animals and riding the carousel!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys really honored your aunt's memory by enjoying each other's company. Although, I didn't know her, I'll bet that would have made her really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Karen Marie, you sure look beautiful in your dress and getting all those hugs from everyone is a true blessing. I sure had fun spending time with you and your mommy. Hugs and kisses to you Baby Girl :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Holden, you are soaring on eagle's wings. Now that looks like a really fun ride. Hugs and kisses to you Big Boy.

    ReplyDelete