Thursday, February 7, 2013

Holden's Extended Birthday Weekend

 Grandma D flew down from Washington to help celebrate my 3rd birthday. We made sure to take her to all our "hot spots"!
 Last Thursday we took her to the Great Park in Irvine to ride on the giant helium balloon.

 On Friday, we took Grandma to see Concordia's campus and meet the Eagle track athletes. Many of them dressed up for a special "Pirate Practice" in honor of my birthday. My mommy arranged a treasure hunt throughout campus and the athletes had a blast!
 On Saturday we took Grandma to Pretend City - my favorite Children's Museum in Irvine. We played for 3 hours!
 On Sunday morning I got to open some of my presents. Here I am admiring my new pirate attire while my sister simply loved all the wrapping paper!
 Sunday afternoon we spent the day at a Safari Park.
 This Lion seemed very content on top of the jeep.
 We saw herds of 50 different species including these giraffes during a tram ride through the park.
 Who are these silly bats?
 I got to experience what it's like to hang upside down like the giant fruit bats in this exhibit.
 We had fun in this peaceful butterfly garden.
Karen's first time at a petting zoo.
 Karen held on tight during her ride on Papa's shoulders back to the car.
 Mama made us a yummy German Chocolate Pirate Cake we enjoyed Sunday night after the Safari Park.
 On Monday before Grandma flew home...we had to also take her to the beach. Thanks so much for visiting Grandma and helping celebrate my birthday!!

3 comments:

  1. Holden I'm so glad I got to spend your 3rd Birthday with you. I think we should make that a tradition. What do you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Karen I sure had fun with you at the beach, Turtle Park, the Great Park, Safari Park and your big brother's birthday celebration. And the Brewer Band Concert was SUPER. Hugs and kisses to you Baby Girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Holden! It looks like you had a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete