Monday, February 3, 2014

Holden's Birthday Weekend

I did not mind one bit sharing my 4th birthday with the Super Bowl. Grandma D made everyone in our family a Seahawks shirt (yes, homemade)! Amazing!
After church, my sister and I were spoiled getting to share a yummy "12th man" donut!

Before the Big Game, we went to a family fun center right next to Saint Martin's University.
 We had a blast on all the slides and obstacle courses!



We watched the Super Bowl in the rec center outside Papa's office. I actually only watched a little of the game because I fell asleep for almost 3 hours. I was exhausted from the full day. But I woke up after the game ready to keep celebrating!
I opened the rest of my gifts before dinner and cake. The Rieke families collaborated on a fun railroad theme. Uncle Moo & Auntie Amy gave me the conductor outfit and Uncle Kevin & Auntie Teddy gave me the huge 132-piece railway set. Thank you!
I've been talking about having a Jungle Book cake for the past year. Grandma D made my wish come true by making and decorating this delicious lemon cake. Thank you!!
 I successfully blew out my 4 candles!
Other highlights of the weekend included attending a neat Ethnic Festival at Saint Martin's University on Saturday as well as playing with Grandma's sweet dog Chakota.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Holden that was the best birthday ever! we sure had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karen and Holden Chakota sure had fun with the two of you. Hugs and kisses to you both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Karen I like the way you say "Go Hawks." What a game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special weekend for a very special boy ... glad you had a great time, Holden. We are very impressed with the cake you made, Grandma D.! It looks delicious, too. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete