Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rattlesnake Adventure


My papa stopped to show me a rattlesnake that had been run over by a mountain biker during our wagon stroll in Peter's Canyon this weekend.

As you can see, I was pretty relaxed looking at the snake...but my mama was a little on edge...especially after Papa shook the rattle and she thought it was still alive. Yes, she screamed!!

This is an animated picture of me retelling the story of encountering the rattlesnake. I relived it over and over again and it made my parents laugh..."Papa picked up snake....Mama screamed AAHHHHH!...Oh, Jim!!!"

Then, of course, I wanted out of the wagon so I could look for snakes too!

4 comments:

  1. We love your story telling, Holden! Mom is still laughing. And we'd like to see the face of your gorilla (At least that's what we think the large animal in your wagon is with you.) We think Nathan has the same one!
    -Evan and Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, Holden. I don't blame your mom for being nervous considering the venom is still plenty potent even when dead - they can still bite once their heads are cut off with a shovel (as Uncle Moo and Evan know from doing so at the lake but not getting bitten). HUGS almost big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear your Mama screaming... Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Holden that's amazing. When you papa was your age, he found a live sidewinder rattle snake by his Tonka truck where he was playing. But I wouldn't let him touch it.

    ReplyDelete