Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Karen!

 My parents can hardly believe it's already been a whole year since my mommy's water broke in the church parking lot and they rushed off to the hospital to deliver me 7 hours later.
 I've been spoiled on my first birthday with lots of thoughtful presents from family and friends who love me.
 My grandpa Mike and grandma Donna drove down from Hayward to surprise us and help celebrate my birthday a day early.
 My parents have both had the flu this past week...and my brother and I are battling some milder symptoms so we really appreciated all the meals they delivered us and the cake they bought for my party.
 My mommy knew uncle Moo might tease her for only letting me try a "healthy cake" like angel food...so she also let me splurge on a cupcake from a friend's birthday party.
 Yum!! The frosting and sprinkles were delicious!
 I received some extra "coaching" from my brother on how to stuff all the cake into my mouth!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah Baby Girl, looks like you caught on quickly. Then of course your Big Brother is a good teacher. Yummy Angel Food Cake it's one of my very favorites especially with fresh peaches or strawberries. Hugs and kisses I'm so glad you are official 1 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow look at your Karen Marie, you get right into it and rip them presents open. I'm glad Grandpa Mike and Grandma Donna could come down help out and celebrate. Hugs and kisses to you Baby Girl Grandma sure loves you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Happy Birthday Hugs, sweet Karen! We love you! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, beautiful girl! You have given your family a great reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday sweet girl! Uncle Moo is proud!

    ReplyDelete