Friday, March 29, 2013

Night of Hope - Fight Against Malaria

We recently attended the Night of Hope at Concordia University...a night of music, food and art. All the proceeds went to the Lutheran Malaria Initiative (LMI). We learned that every 60 seconds, a child in Africa dies from malaria...but we can help fight this desease as it is totally preventable and treatable.

 I had fun crawling around. I was especially intrigued by Marty the Mosquito - he reminds us the mosquito is what transmits malaria.
 We enjoyed watching Concordia students perform different talents.

 Leah helped me make a few strokes on this community art project.
My favorite way to contribute to LMI was purchasing goodies at the bake sale.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Karen, I'm glad you and Big Brother got to learn about the LMI. It is good that you could purchase some bake goodies. I'm sure the proceeds went to help buy netting for beds and other things to help prevent children from dying. Hugs and kisses to you and your Big Brother."

    ReplyDelete