Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Memories

 Grandma read us Luke 2 about the birth of Jesus before we opened gifts.
 Karen enjoyed opening gifts all by herself. A year ago I had to help her.

 This bear hat (with attached claws) from grandpa helped me tear into gifts!
 Santa surprised us with a new mini kitchen. We had a blast cooking for the family!
 Karen took a short nap right on the floor. All the opening and playing with gifts tuckered her out!
 Our annual Christmas hike was on a trail just a mile from our house.
 I helped Grandma D walk her dog Chakota. He had much to smell!
 We enjoyed the beauty of the Deschutes River.
 Here I am winding up to throw rocks into the river.
 My sister helped me throw rocks until it got dark.
 I asked Santa for "superhero stuff" and he surprised me with this full Spiderman outfit.
 Karen loved taking care of her new babies.

 The day after Christmas we went to Point Defiance Zoo. Our family was blessed with an annual pass from Grandma D.

 We braved the cold and stayed until it got dark so we could enjoy the "Zoo Lights".
 The Zoo Lights featured a half million lights with animal themed displays.



 Mount Rainier.


Thanks for sharing all the very special Christmas memories with us Grandma D!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blessing to spend time with family in the Pacific Northwest. Looking forward to more time at the zoo. Hugs and kisses to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a really nice Christmas in your new home. Love the picture of Karen asleep on the floor and the one with her babies. Dani and I have zoo passes, too! I see an outing in our future! :)

    ReplyDelete