Monday, July 28, 2014

Visiting McCauley's Lake Chelan Cabin

 Earlier in July we made a special visit to Lake Chelan to see the McCauley/Dubow families. I couldn't wait to wave to the Lady of the Lake boat. It takes passengers up lake to Stehekin and Holden Village (where I was named after).
 Emma and I spent lots of time playing "sailors" in this inner tube.
 Janie showed my mom how to use the paddle boards. When it wasn't too windy, they were able to stand up too.
 What a great setting to do crafts! Thanks for the pirate picture, Emma. I saved it in my room.
 Grandma Connie combed Lily's hair to look like a princess!
 I really liked the "chapter book" Janie was reading Emma at bedtime.
 Like previous visits to see Connie, my sister loved playing with her dog, Sadie.
 It was neat to see Evan and Petra's family for lunch before we left. Petra delivered her baby boy only days after we saw them. So exciting!
 I was brave enough to go on the paddle board with Evan.
 Karen preferred watching from the dock.

 My mom has so many fond memories going to the Lake Chelan cabin as a young girl with Janie. Thank you! XOXO
When leaving Chelan, we were very fortunate to get over highway 20. These pictures were taken from our truck. Our original plans of camping near Winthrop were changed with all the fires in eastern Washington.
 We made it safely to the west side of the Cascades and camped near Baker Lake instead. The lake was very refreshing and we also go to visit our good friends Karen and Dan Castano in Rockport as well as grandma D in Stanwood on our way back to Olympia. So many great memories!


2 comments: