Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Little Engine That Could



After visiting the beach yesterday, my parents found miles of beautiful rolling trails overlooking the ocean. They went for a run/walk while I was sleeping. I woke up while my Mama was pushing me up one of the really steep hills. After watching her slow to a walk and exert some extra effort to get me up the steep grade...I told her "I think I can, I think I can". My mom got tears in her eyes as it was just what she needed to hear and I had so thoughtfully quoted one of my favorite lines from the book The Little Engine That Could. She says that memory is going in my baby book!

3 comments:

  1. Oh so very sweet of you, Holden, to cheer on your mom while she pushed you up the hill. You will be a wonderful big brother very soon.
    Lots of Love,
    Emma and Lily (and Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful boy! I'm amazed your mama had "slowed to a walk" which means she'd been running with that baby in her tummy! Way to keep at it, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Holden, your are so smart. You are going to be a Great Big Brother. Grandma D sure loves you.

    ReplyDelete