Sunday, November 25, 2012

Grand Canyon Grandeur

 We stayed at a lodge only 1/4 mile from the south rim of the Grand Canyon over Thanksgiving...and we had so much fun visiting all sorts of scenic overlooks, going for walks & hikes and enjoying the beautiful fall weather.

 I rated the Grand Canyon "two thumbs up"!!
 My sister and I were fast asleep when my papa (and mama) pushed us up some steep terrain.
 This photo was taken just before sunset...but doesn't quite capture the beautiful view the Grand Canyon's clean air and expansive vistas offer. It was awesome!
 We had Thanksgiving dinner (turkey, stuffing, etc) in a restaurant along the edge of the canyon...Karen enjoyed watching me color as we waited for dinner.
 Our final day...

 If you look closely in the picture below you can see the Colorado River flowing at the bottom of the canyon. I even spotted some rapids!!
 Hermits Rest offered a place of refuge for early travelors along the Grand Canyon.
 Karen was exhausted after all the fun we had!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun and beautiful family vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Holden and Karen the last time I was at the Grand Cannon was with your papa. I'm sure all of you had a GREAT time. Hugs and kisses to all of you. See you soon :o)

    ReplyDelete