Sunday, November 25, 2012

Visiting Mommy's Alma Mater

 My mommy had a hard time believing she graduated from NAU 14 years ago. Our trip to Flagstaff, AZ brought back a lot of memories for her. This is the indoor facility she trained and competed on during the indoor track season. The track is covered by turf every fall for football.
 I enjoyed meeting Louie the Lumberjack (my mom's college mascot).
 We stayed a few nights in a cozy little cabin on the edge of town.
 I had fun reading stories to my sister.
 I also had fun on the rustic playground near our cabin.
 Karen obviously enjoyed her warm bath after our first night in Flagstaff.
 We visited Arizona Snowbowl just below the San Francisco Peaks (almost 13,000 feet elevation). This ski area is 7 miles from downtown Flagstaff. We enjoyed our hike but I wish there would have been a little more SNOW to play in!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I know you enjoyed it in college - how fun to share your alma mater with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 years?! Man, you're old. Oh, wait... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure! I'm so glad your mama and papa took you NAU. Maybe one day you two will go there too.

    ReplyDelete