Friday, October 18, 2013

Beach Reunion

It was so good to see my mommy's longtime friends Nicole and Mary (and Mary's family) at Laguna Beach this week. The Juchems flew in from Colorado to Southern California for a short trip to Disneyland.
Hadley and Ellie surprised their parents by how much they LOVED the ocean. They seriously spent several hours playing in the water and hardly wanted to take a break to eat lunch.
Even though I live by the ocean, I've always been very conservative about getting close to the waves. But after watching the girls have so much fun (and with the helping hand of Bobby) I decided to try it out.
As you can see...I had a blast "surfing" as well as playing in the mud with Ellie and Hadley.


Mary, Nicole, and my mom (the photographer) had lots to chat about while we played in and near the water.
Karen decided to wear my clothes again and liked carrying around lots of our picnic items. For instance, this container of grapes got quite sandy.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day at the beach with family and friends. Holden I see you are getting really brave surfing 😎. Hang Ten little buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a special time!!! Sorry to miss it. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your families together! It looks like you had a great visit. We were in hats and gloves for our run and bike ride this morning. We're envious of your warm sunshine!

    ReplyDelete