Friday, October 18, 2013

Papa's Birthday at the Zoo

We had a really special time as a family celebrating Papa's birthday today. A highlight was visiting the San Diego Zoo.
 During one of the shows, Dr. Zoolittle showed us a big bug. My sister didn't seem scared at all.
 Up close picture.
 Unique type of kangaroo found in Australia.
 This was my favorite...the crocodile. Check out those teeth.
 Notice his piercing eyes too.
My sister especially enjoyed the elephants.

I got to hold this REALLY heavy piece of tusk from an elephant.
 Then I got to hold this piece of elephant dung. YUCK! I gave it right back once he told me what it was and I washed my hands. 
Happy birthday Papa, thanks for the fun memories at the zoo. We love you!

5 comments:

  1. What a great way to spend the day celebrating your papa's birthday. Hugs and kisses to you all. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Karen Marie you are so brave, that's a really big bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holden you are now an official "Safari Man" getting to hold an elephant tusk and elephant dodo. Way to go Holden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great pictures ... Karen, your hair seems to be getting lighter and you and Holden do look so much alike in the bottom photo. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Jim! Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete