Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Personal Tour of the Stanwood Fire Station

 During our recent time in Washington for Christmas, my grandma D and papa helped arrange a visit to the Stanwood Fire Station. My papa graduated high school with Fire Captain Scott Johnston.
 Captain Johnston was so nice to spend several hours with us. Everytime he asked if I had any more questions...I asked "Can I drive another fire truck"?

 We also went upstairs to see the living and eating quarters at the fire station. These firemen were extremely friendly...taking a break from dinner to talk with me.
 Karen held on to an old fire poll preserved from an early Stanwood fire station.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Holden and Karen,
    We think this must have been the best day EVER!
    Evan and Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two future firefighters in training. Hugs and kisses to you both. See you soon I'm packing my bag this weekend

    ReplyDelete